information from group node to wireglue constraint node

hi,

i'm very new and still trying to get the hang of things. i was trying around to work with some wire stuff and dynamics. the wireglue node takes point vertex numbers of which points you want to affect. i'd like to not have to select them and create the note, but rather use a group node. so i have everything set up with a group which creates me the vertices i want. my question is how do i get it into the wire node (which lives in the autodop network) ? my first attempt was to use the group name on the group node and than type in that group name in the wireglue node. but it doesn't seem to take it.

is there any other way, or maybe i'm just using this group name wrong ?

thanks in advance

Edited by spohle

it's easier than you think, just use group name in Constrained Points parameter of Wire Glue Constraint DOP, the group will be taken directly from your wire geometry so no group DOP is needed as it is meant for grouping the dop objects not points

Edited by anim

the group is passed from geometry which is used for wire, it doesn't have to be the same geometry which goes to dopimport (which serves just for importing geometry from DOPs and for wires i think it imports whole geometry so it doesn't need any input)

you can get point numbers which are contained in specific group of any SOP through pointlist() expression, so you can retrieve this info from completely different geometry from your wire source and use directly in constraint

and as long as both geometries have the same topology, it will give you expected results

but it's easier to pass group with the geometry