wire cache and re-edit

Bin

Hi guys, I started learning a bit about wire and got a problem.

after baking the .sim file out, it's quick to set initial state on the DOP network, but, what if I want it to manually tweak some points(add an edit SOP) at a particular frame, and want the simulate start from just this tweaked shape?

the quick example file below is just a bunch of lines copied onto a poly sphere, then turned into wire and simulated. the DOP network only reads .sim file as the initial. Is there a way to turn the edited geo into a .sim file that the DOP network can read, or other setups can work the way around?

thanks

wireTest.hip

post-6937-131044719806_thumb.jpg

post-6937-131044720533_thumb.jpg

post-6937-131044721282_thumb.jpg

there is Initial Pose parameter in Wire Object which will take your edited SOP and use as initial pose

well, I put a file SOP to write out the tweaked geo after edit SOP, put another "file2" SOP to read it back, then put the file2's path into the pose parameter of the wire object, but the wiresolver gives error saying geometry topologies do not match.... but all I did int edit node is just translating the position.....

need more help here...

wireTest2.hip

Edited by Bin