How to access and use attributes in a POP network

Hello!

I've had this question for a very long time and kind of ignored it. So I figured I'd finally ask it because I'm sure it's simple.

I'm working in a POP network right now. I've got a rotation node. When I middle click the node I see that there are attributes: v, accel, pstate, id, etc... Well I'm wondering how I can access the values of some of these nodes to be later used with testing conditions and bla bla bla?

I know that a lot of attributes are generally just capitalized with a '$' in front of it, but for example, $PSTATE doesn't seem to exist.

Thanks!

You can use the poppoint () to reference pstate directly but I rarely use this expression.

Use the Attribute POP to first create the attribute mapping for the integer type "pstate" attribute first and then you can use it directly: $PSTATE.

See the attached file for an example on how to use the Attribute POP to create the mapping and then use this to group and color points when pstate = 2 or about to die.

attribute__group_color_by_pstate.hip

Edited by old school

You can use the poppoint () to reference pstate directly but I rarely use this expression.

Use the Attribute POP to first create the attribute mapping for the integer type "pstate" attribute first and then you can use it directly: $PSTATE.

See the attached file for an example on how to use the Attribute POP to create the mapping and then use this to group and color points when pstate = 2 or about to die.

Oh wow, thank you very much!

<edit> Ah awesome, I just looked at the file. That's exactly what I was looking for. So easy. Thanks again!

Edited by derm