Gas Field VOP

aghourab

Gas Field Vops work on fields and not on geometry. If you need them to work on geometry you need to convert the attributes to fields and then use a Gas Field vop.

Its pretty straight forward..you need to create a parameter with similar signature for any field you want to work on..for instance: for a vector field called vorticity, you might need to create a vector parameter with the same name (i.e. if you are using autobind by name..)

and then use a gas field to particle dop to get those values to the geometry.

check the sesi help card..

cheers.

Edited by bhaveshpandey

Gas Field Vops work on fields and not on geometry. If you need them to work on geometry you need to convert the attributes to fields and then use a Gas Field vop.

Its pretty straight forward..you need to create a parameter with similar signature for any field you want to work on..for instance: for a vector field called vorticity, you might need to create a vector parameter with the same name (i.e. if you are using autobind by name..)

and then use a gas field to particle dop to get those values to the geometry.

check the sesi help card..

cheers.

Thanks Bhavesh. I was wondering about accessing geometry data as oppossed to manipulating it. Was under the impression that could be done, but I haven't managed to make it work.

Instead, how about accessing within a vopsop data generated within dops. I.e. temperature, then copying it onto points? Im trying to use a volume sample from file, but while i can read local sdf's i cant get it to read data from dops. Any ideas?

op:/obj/dopnet:smoke/temperature is the reference im feeding the volume sample from file

Edited by aghourab

I usually use a dopimport to get the fields in the local context (SOPs or POPs anywhere I need it) and then link to them by using the opinput/path expressions which are good to keep all the referencing relative.

Thanks again! Did notice that if you put a sopnet inside the pop network, then attempt to reference a dopimport from there it fails. Instead placing the sopnet one level higher works (above the context of the particle network).