FLIP and Gas Vortex Microsolvers

JRoberts86

Hi,

I am currently working with the FLIP solver in conjunction to the Gas Vortex Confinement Microsolver. I am a getting really nice results from the microsolver when it comes to creating swirls and fluid motion but I am finding that there is not enough control for the frequency of these swirls.

As I understand the Gas Vortex Confinement Microsolver is taking the velocity of a particle, calculating the vortex direction and updating the particles velocity accordingly. Unfortunately soon as I reduce the speed or append something like a drag DOP the swirls become very large and other than the strength of the confinement I am unable to control the scale and frequency of these artifacts.

Would I be right in thinking that I would need to create a custom vector field which I can adjust a particles velocity which can be referenced in the Microsolver instead of the 'curl' field? E.g. $V * newParameter = myCurl;

Where myCurl gets read by the solver to effect the vortex but does not affect the speed of the particle.

Or am I going down the completely wrong route?

I would be very grateful for any help that can be offered or even if someone could give a heads up on the best way to incorporate a new vector field into a DOPs simulation.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

• Downvote 1