Delete bad geometry inside of Voronoi Fracture chunks?

Howdy,

Was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I had a body scan of a LIDAR point cloud from a demo a couple years ago.

I managed to create a usable mesh out of the pointcloud in the excellent open-source MeshLab.

I brought the body back into Houdini as an OBJ (was able to set the normals in MeshLab), selected everything but the Head's points, deleted unselected, put a "Extrude Volume" SOP on there (I think this is might be what created the messed up internal polygons), then right clicked->save geometry into an OBJ. I brought that OBJ of just the head (with no open gaps) back into Houdini, and ran a Shatter SOP on it, then tried to do a RBD Glue object to smash it.

I'm having an issue with a bunch of polygons inside the mesh. Regardless of the Voronoi Fracture's settings re: create inside surfaces, etc, I can't seem to get rid of these polygons.

Can anyone offer any advice relating to getting a clean solid object suitable for dynamics and Voronoi Fracturing with create inside surfaces?

It's pretty obvious that I'm still new to Houdini. Thanks in advance for any help! I've attached a screenshot of the mesh (in an Exploded View SOP), as well as the scene file.

Thanks,

Matt

2822q2x.png

faceBreak.zip

Edited by dangerweenie

you are right it;s inside ExtrudedVolume, it usually works right, but your geometry is special case

here is modified file, with changed Keep Points Shared parameter on polyextrude inside that asset it works correctly

Hey Tomas,

Whoa, that was fast! Checking it out now.

Thanks for he help. Never ceases to impress me how helpful everyone here is.

Best,

Matt