How to use Dop to disintegrate the wing from an aircraft piece by pie

Hi~guys

Just have a simple question about DOP

First of all, i want to make an animation that shows an aircraft crash into the ground, the left-wing touch the ground first, but i don't want to make the entire left-wing disintegrate when collision happen,i just want to disintegrate the left-wing according to the area that intersecting with the ground. and when the aircraft gets lower and lower, the entire left-wing got destroyed by impact. Please have look the image.

post-4466-131386542892_thumb.jpg

And i was use Make breakable to the wing, but the result was not very well...

Has any got idea? i put "Use Deforming Geometry" as ON, but it's doesn't work well....

Oh,i can't attach my obj file here, so please use just a box instead..thanks

Thank in advance~~~~

wing_test.hipnc

Edited by CSN0309

just what I'm thinking in a quick brain storm, but why not try a group sop on a network branch that is parallel to the main network, then use a group copy to move it to the main geometry to break. I am not sure how you can have it calculate it, but then it should only be able to break the geometry that is below the ground plane on the non breaking mesh. Maybe use a time shift sop to move the group geometry ahead a frame so you can shatter stuff before it hits the ground. Just a thought, no real idea if it will work since I haven't dove into dynamics yet.

your external file is not attached! (left wing.obj)

btw, why don't you use voronoi fracture before sending your obj to dopnet and use RBD Fractured obj??

ya~ i got your idea~ actually i have tried before, i have tried to use voronoi fracture to sim the whole piece of ice-burger collapse. during the sim,voronoi fracture does very good job to destroy entire piece of ice one time

But how can i apply voronoi fracture to destroy the wing?

ya~ i got your idea~ actually i have tried before, i have tried to use voronoi fracture to sim the whole piece of ice-burger collapse. during the sim,voronoi fracture does very good job to destroy entire piece of ice one time

But how can i apply voronoi fracture to destroy the wing?

I know that there's a subdata when 2 RBD objects collide, that gets the value of 1 when collision happens. if you can use that data to activate your fractured parts, I think that would help! that way you don't destroy the whole wing, but the parts that are in collision group will be affected.

Honestly, I've not tried it yet, but you can give it try. there's an expression ( dophassubdata ) that I think you can use in this case. that returns 1 if it finds the specified subdata. If you can make a group based on that subdata, you can then append an activevalue dop and just activate that collision group!

Edited by ehsan parizi