object replacement?!

Hi all;

Is there any way to replace an object with another object at the same location? obviously we can use switch node to switch between 2 geometry but it doesn't replace the geometry at the same location!

Let's say I have a box , that converts to 2 boxes (same size as the main box) and I want the new born box to repeat the same animation. the only problem is that I don't know how to make the new born box repeat the animation AT the same place that it's located right now!

It sounds like this may be a job for CHops if we are talking about animated channel date. Its not toally clear what it is you are animating, how its animated etc... but in the example of the boxes they are simialr. It should be fairly simple to make a generic obect with the animation and use chops to retarget the channel data to another object --even easier if named similar with the same channels. Then a switch can be used for determining display.