Adjust influence of object on fluid's movement?

derm

Hello!

I'm working with a low res fluid sim and have an object passing through the fluid. The viscocity on the fluid 0 but the fluid still moves a great deal with the object. I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere that would allow me to adjust the amount of influence an object has on a fluid. Or do I just have to hack it and get creative with the type of object that I'm using?

Thanks!

Hey Tim, what happens if you scale the object's velocity vectors/fields down?

Hey Macha, thanks for the response. Yeah I think that helped! Let me make sure I'm in the right place.

I'm in the top "pyro" node in my autodop network..(The node with the 4 tabs: Guides, Initial Data, Fields, Slice...Then under Guides there's like, 10 tabs) In the Guides tab I go to the "velocity" tab and there I turned the scale down to 0.5

Is there any other place to turn down the velocity? Thanks!

I think you should be able to apply a point node at sop level before your object gets passed to dops. Then under the particle tab change "keep velocity" to "add velocity" and manipulate $VX, $VY and $VZ to make them smaller (e.g. $VX*0.5).

I think you should be able to apply a point node at sop level before your object gets passed to dops. Then under the particle tab change "keep velocity" to "add velocity" and manipulate $VX, $VY and $VZ to make them smaller (e.g. $VX*0.5).

Oh great, yeah that seems like it should work. I'll give it a shot! Thanks.