Slow simulations after attaching gas resize fluid

junyd

Hi all,

I am simulating a smoke stack. i used to do simulations without gas resize fluid tool and it used to simulate faster even when i had 300 div on the low res. now after i started using Gas resize fluid tool the whole simulation is taking so long and a lot of space on hard drive and too much ram as well. i have kept 4, 4, 4 values on the voxel parameters of the Gas resize fluid; is this the reason its taking so long.?

right now i am simulating 300 frames with 130 div on low res and it took around 7 hours to cook 230 frames which is quite strange.

does anyone know why is it taking so long. am i missing something?

thanks

Bunker

Attached, is the file. also, in terms of scale/size of the container, the upres grid size ( container size)doesnt match up with the low res container size ( upres container size is smaller and cutting smoke from the top while the lowres container is a bit bigger. although, i only changed the data name of the sop solver.

??

aside from that i got another question. i came from Fumefx background and last time when i was finishing this gig i had pretty tight deadline schedules but fume was pretty fast to finish the tasks so it was manageable. just curious, how do you manage to complete tasks in a houdini base production when even small smoke stacks takes about 16 hours of sim. and then you have to write pc fire pc smoke scattering files as well.

fire_stacks_v03.hip

Edited by junyd
  • Downvote 1