again simple interface question from a dusty brain

spev

HIya Guys...again I cannot recall how to....

I will have to do a bad thing and talk in maya term but you know when you look through your camera in houdini and you get the shaded area outlining the ..in maya terms...resolution gate and in houdin terms ...view mask..It does not frame nicely in the viewport..it is a little cropped...I would like to reframe it so I can see the whole picture...pun not intended...Does anyone know how to adjust this..

Again any help would be gratefully received..

Edited by spev

I don't know if there's a better way to do it ( there must be an easy way for it, but I couldn't figure it out) but if you wanna crop it you can do it with crop settings in your camera node. you can use ch expression to keep your resolution to the original one. this is what I did in my resolution :

640 / (ch("cropr") - ch("cropl")) * (ch("cropt") - ch("cropb")) and 480 / (ch("cropr") - ch("cropl")) * (ch("cropt") - ch("cropb"))

and set my crop settings to 0.1 , 0.9 and 0.1 , 0.9!

but, I've never had that problem with viewport, it always fits the resolution gate!

thanks dude. But i dont wanna crop. It seems the sides of the viewport cut off the sides of the view mask. Or in maya terms..the resolution have. I want to keep my res and reframe . At the mo if i have rectangular aspect ratio and a square viewport. Then the sides of my image are cropped whereas i want it to fit the view. . Ooh there must be a way. Ta guys