How can maya load houdini volume

乐琢 Urdro

Hello everyone, I create some volume in houdini and output as .bgeo format. Is there anyway to let maya load this volume ? Any words will help, thanks!

i dont know but i believe its not possible because maya handle a volume not like houdini does.

and why you wanna create a volume in houdini and then copy to maya? that makes no sense because the fluid rendering in Houdini is much faster, maya is so slow.

i think its easier that you export the camera to houdini and all the objects then render as fluid pass

i dont know but i believe its not possible because maya handle a volume not like houdini does.

and why you wanna create a volume in houdini and then copy to maya? that makes no sense because the fluid rendering in Houdini is much faster, maya is so slow.

i think its easier that you export the camera to houdini and all the objects then render as fluid pass

Thanks

Indeed it is not quite a sensable workflow.

Some classmates in college are working on a 3d animation, they all use maya. Their porject need volume effects but none of them are farmilar with this part. I like to help, but I don't have enough time. All I can do is modeling the volume for them. Unfortunately I know little about maya.