Python Promote Parameter

Achayan

Hi All,

Is there any way I can promote a parameter from vopnode with python ?. I was trying some other solution like find the parm type and all those stuff but nothing come good . And I didnt find any really helpful doc from houdini also maybe I didnt do a good search icon_smile.gif . So if any one has a idea how I can promote a parameter then it will be really helpful.

So here is workflow

Create a Material Shader builder and go inside the vopnode then create a colormix then middle click on any parm then promote as parameter .

I want the same promote as parameter flow with python or hscript .

Thanks

Yes thats possible but the issue is the source parm never say the correct parm type , say for ex if its color then it will say float in one way its right , and for the order menu and a int both it will say int . so its really confusing and i didnt find any way to get the type properly otherwise I need to use look and name scheme to find it .

• 3 years later...

In case someone else comes across this thread, trying to promote VOP Parms with Python (i.e. HOM code that does the same as RMB > Create Input Parameters), it's insertParmGeneratorsForAllInputs().

Here's an example, on a Color Mix VOP:

hou.node("/obj/geo1/primitivevop1/colormix1").insertParmGeneratorsForAllInputs(hou.vopParmGenType.Parameter,True)
Hope it's helpful!
  • Thanks 2