$LIFE for points?

I believe you are looking for $AGE, ($LIFE is a percentage from 0 (Birth) to 1 (The time afterwhich you would kill the point). If this is not the case, my bad. )

Couldnt you just keep track of the number of points, and then compare that number to the number of points at the previous frame via a timeshift?. When the current number of points is greater than the previous frame's, store the current frame as an attr.

Zak

Hey Zak,

That's right, $AGE or $LIFE, they're almost the same thing as you know. your method might work but I don't know how we can store the current $F and keep it as an attribute? if we can keep the frame number we can create something like a $AGE!

anyway, I wanted to make my points to be born and die in the next frame, so I used an attribute transfer, and a time shift node, I think you got the idea ;)

Thanks for your answer anyway

Edited by ehsan parizi

I'm not sure if this would work or not, kind of brainstorming but, could you use switch and delete sops? So compare npts to npts of the previous frame, if there are more, switch, delete the points with the old creation frame attr, and add current frame attr to the new points. If there are the same number switch to a null so the attrs stay the same?

Hi all,

Does anybody know how I can make some attribute like $LIFE for my points in a situation like the attached file?

Hi Ehsan,

Attached is a round about way. I am not sure if you are specifically looking for a sop solution.

Though my first attempt was to do it with sop solver but could not get far with it.

I am sure some one could.

Cheers!!

life_for_points_01.hipnc

Hi Ehsan,

Attached is a round about way. I am not sure if you are specifically looking for a sop solution.

Though my first attempt was to do it with sop solver but could not get far with it.

I am sure some one could.

Cheers!!

That's a good solution. Although it's a bit heavy for what I wanted to do, I'm trying to keep my network simple. in fact like I said I wanted to create points and then kill them right away , I want them just 1 frame, but your solution is better if we want to do other stuff with $AGE.

Thanks again :)