geo2i3d ain't work... ps using houdini 11

Anatol

Hi!

I'm trying to make a volume fog inside a geometry using geo2i3d technique described in cmiVFX tutorial.

I "filled" polygonal geometry using isooffset.

Mantra render this volume well.

Next step inside Ropnet I created geometry1 > conected to it geo2i3d1 and rendered volume to i3d file. Output file size is about 38Mb

Next step I load i3d file into texture3d and make next nodes connections: (inside vopcvex1) parameter(point)>texture3d>parameter(density).

At this step in tutorial appears volume that can be rendered this mantra, at least that shown in a viewport but I see nothing in a viewport and mantra renders a black square (((

Some people say that this geo2i3d not working well.

How can I write volume data that can be read in texture 3d in another way?

Thank you.

Hi! Once again :))

I've rendered a sequence of bgeo and i3d files and trying to insert them into texture3d.

When I'm using just 1 file in a texture3d node ($HIP/i3d/cloudGradient_ani_005.i3d)everything works well, but if I'm trying to use sequence ($HIP/i3d/cloudGradient_ani_$F3.i3d) - houdini is showing just 1st frame of a sequence.

I've tried to search some info about Texture 3D in houdini's help but haven't found anything about sequences.

Is it possible to use sequence of i3d files with texture3d or gradient3d nodes?

Thank you.

Edited by Anatol

• 6 months later...

Hi! Once again :))

I've rendered a sequence of bgeo and i3d files and trying to insert them into texture3d.

When I'm using just 1 file in a texture3d node ($HIP/i3d/cloudGradient_ani_005.i3d)everything works well, but if I'm trying to use sequence ($HIP/i3d/cloudGradient_ani_$F3.i3d) - houdini is showing just 1st frame of a sequence.

I've tried to search some info about Texture 3D in houdini's help but haven't found anything about sequences.

Is it possible to use sequence of i3d files with texture3d or gradient3d nodes?

Thank you.

same question(how to use sequence to make cloud deforming with noise stick),

need help,

thank you.