particle birth time?

jesschaco

Hi all!

I have a moving geometry that moves around a grid and select points into a group. As the points enter the group, I have each point generate one particle. Then I wish to copy some animated geometries onto those particles according to their birth time. I was wondering how I would be able to obtain the birth time of the particles?

Hi all!

I have a moving geometry that moves around a grid and select points into a group. As the points enter the group, I have each point generate one particle. Then I wish to copy some animated geometries onto those particles according to their birth time. I was wondering how I would be able to obtain the birth time of the particles?

If I'm not misunderstanding; you can add a birth group in the source pop, then add an attribute to the birth group $T. Only particles at birth will recieve this attribute, and this will prevent uneccessary per-frame/point calcluations.

• Like 1

actually, the problem was not entirely solved.....:(

When I used the particle birth method to "remember" the points that have been selected, stupid me didn't realize that by using $NGRP as contant birthrate, or as impulse birth rate, the source sop will not only generate new particle on every new group point, but also on the old group points. This results in the animated line being copied onto the same point more than once (just with an offset animation). I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the source sop from generating particles at a repeated location? or maybe just somehow copy stamp the lines to the points just as they become a member of the group without using the pop method?

I have attached an example file here....

help please!!! :(

particleRepeat.hip

Edited by jesschaco