How to have a menu with internal integer values?

magneto

Hi,

In my custom OP, I am trying to create a named menu with items "Positive", "Negative" and provide values like 1, and -1, respectively. I tried using an Integer item in the parameters tab of the Edit Operator Type properties dialog, with a defined menu and tokens with 1 and -1, but when I use it in the expressions, it doesn't work.

If I turn it into a float, it works but then I lose the menu.

Here is a simple case that shows the problem. The line's distance is multiplied by my menu item value but it seems the value I get from the menu is the order of them (index), instead of my tokens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

custom_line.otl

Edited by magneto

quick fix would be if(ch("../sign")==0, -1, 1)

Thanks tmdag, I now know how to use ifs inside expressions. But would also be cool if this is doable without an if.

Am I misinterpreting the tokens? I thought they can be any value you want, when you access the parameter.

Edited by magneto

change your parameter to ordered menu and try eval as string `chs("../sign")` or hou.parm("../sign").evalAsString()

Thanks tmdag, just tried it to chs("../sign") after changing it to an ordered menu, but same result. Didn't try hou.parm but I assume it does the same thing?