local variable from vop pop

MENOZ

Hi.

I create an attribute in a VOP POP, then I append a group pop, and put as a rule the local varialbe just created. but it desn't works.

I have to recreate the attribute outside the VOP POP using an attribute pop. Now the group pop recognize the local variable.

It seems that attribute pop can read the output varialbe from vop, but not the group pop.

can anyone explain me why?

Hi.

I create an attribute in a VOP POP, then I append a group pop, and put as a rule the local varialbe just created. but it desn't works.

I have to recreate the attribute outside the VOP POP using an attribute pop. Now the group pop recognize the local variable.

It seems that attribute pop can read the output varialbe from vop, but not the group pop.

can anyone explain me why?

This is because inside a VOP POP you're not creating a local variable, but an attribute, while with the help of AttributePOP you create both:

$VARIABLE is a shortcut to access an attribute, but needs a correct mapping to exists (and it's provided by attribPOP). In short local variables != attributes.

This is because inside a VOP POP you're not creating a local variable, but an attribute, while with the help of AttributePOP you create both:

$VARIABLE is a shortcut to access an attribute, but needs a correct mapping to exists (and it's provided by attribPOP). In short local variables != attributes.

but in the value of attribute pop i set the name of the local variable and it works.

Edited by MENOZ

but in the value of attribute pop i set the name of the local variable

Which local variable? The one pointing to the attribute you have just created in VOPPOP? So either that variable already existed, or it's magic.

Maybe you could post a hip file for inspection :).

Which local variable? The one pointing to the attribute you have just created in VOPPOP? So either that variable already existed, or it's magic.

Maybe you could post a hip file for inspection :).

Ok, so I can create an attribute and its local variable in attribute pop, and in the same node I can acces to that local variable. This seems to be the only way it can work since the add attribute VOP don't export local variables.

In the add attribute VOP there is the field "local variable name". what is this for? :blink:

I post an example file by the way..

thank you for your time, I'm just trying to understand :)

POPvariables.hipnc

thank you for your time, I'm just trying to understand :)

No worries, there is inconsistency there. You felt correct, this should work - I completely forgot about AddattribVOP (I tend to add attribs with parameterVOP). The problem is addattribVOP doesn't add mapping in POPs (only SOPs) (MMB on a VOPSOP added).

POPvariables_skk.hipnc