Liquid Simulations

JuriBryan

hey i am trying to set up a liquid simulation that is driven by an existing particle system..

but i can't manage to get that working.

do you guys have any tips for me?

Oh and there is also a problem with the collision in my file...

my particles only slide a bit on the surface instead of moving for ever even with no friction turned on...

cheers..

btw the forum is amazing and you guys helped me a lot with DOPs already, so thanks;P

LiqiudSimulationTest.hipnc

hey i am trying to set up a liquid simulation that is driven by an existing particle system..

but i can't manage to get that working.

do you guys have any tips for me?

Oh and there is also a problem with the collision in my file...

my particles only slide a bit on the surface instead of moving for ever even with no friction turned on...

cheers..

btw the forum is amazing and you guys helped me a lot with DOPs already, so thanks;P

when you say "drive" do you mean transfer velocities or emiting fluid or both...

I want to get the velocity from my particle system to my liquid simulation...

i managed to get a decent effect with the velocity node in a fluid object but i don't get the extra details in the velocity that i would get with a particle sim..

here is the hip file for that, but there is a big problem with it... when i run the simulation the fluid simply sticks on the side of the sphere and is not running down...

cheers

FluidSim.hipnc

anyone got a idea what is going wrong there?

What is it that velocity impulse is doing?

Velocity Impulse Force

Impulse is force * time and thus corresponds to a change in momentum... An object will receive force corresponding to the impulse divided by the timestep, thereby causing the object to gain the specified momentum in a single simulation step.

Also if you notice on the noise dop, the output is green, this indicates it be plugged into a green input.

Finally you have your force set to set initial, prolly you want it set to set always then animate it's values. have a look

Edited by 3dbeing