Geometry Node glitch

weimar

Basically, I know this is a very elementary scripting problem, but I'm not proficient enough to even know the type of script that's needed. I was trying to take out a bug in my Houdini geometry node that always created an arm that I loaded through it's geometry path, not knowing yet how to import obj's into Houdini (I was using maya, zbrush and the like and migrating in H11). Erasing the path name every time seemed a little ridiculous...

So I got a script to clear out the node-- creating a sort of null instead of an arm--but now I've lost the seemingly quite useful procedural shading path in the render tab. Short and sweet, all I'm searching for is someone who knows how to insert a script in the obj text file for the geometry node. I want to get that render tab back to normal without reinstalling the whole program...

thanks...

I know I'm an idiot... But this is nothing for you guys, right?..

not really sure what you mean by all this...

when you TAB in a geo node you're getting something different than the regular node with all it parameters and a defgeo.bgeo?

it sounds like you have a custom geo node saved as defult

right click on your geo node and select Operator Type Manager

the window should pop up and have the geo node selected in "Internally Defined Operators >> Object >> Object/geo"

if its anything else then search for that entry and right click on it and select "Use this Definition"

not really sure what you mean by all this...

when you TAB in a geo node you're getting something different than the regular node with all it parameters and a defgeo.bgeo?

it sounds like you have a custom geo node saved as defult

right click on your geo node and select Operator Type Manager

the window should pop up and have the geo node selected in "Internally Defined Operators >> Object >> Object/geo"

if its anything else then search for that entry and right click on it and select "Use this Definition"

Yeah, I think you're right. After, learning a little more about the interface I've realized that recreating the operator types is the easiest solution. Really, I guess all I was looking for was a copy and paste of the default geo node's /scripts/obj file in the program directory. In other words I changed the script manually in the program directory to be a default blank node on creation.. So I was looking for the default geo node script that ships with houdini...

But I can do that in the type operators menu anyway.... thanks