Problem with grouping $OBJID by colour

blackchicken

Hups,

I can see that my question doesn`t make sence. Ok, I have prefractured objects which I coloring by object which moves in time. In DOPs I need connect colour attribute to group for gravity (the easiest setup ) to start falling choosen objects. I found some scenes there on odforce but this thing stopped me. Sorry for bat explanation, too much work :blink: Have a nice day B.C.

Hi.

I took a quick look at your file. Pretty cool setup.

But you problem is not in DOPs, its just fine. I think your problem lies what you are doing in SOPs.

Take a look at your primitive numbers as you look at each frame. They are changing. If that happens,

I think DOPs will have a problem calculating the deforming geometry if there is a mismatch in the

primitive number or the way they are sorted.

You should find another way to color your geometry. I would suggest animating an attribute transfer

onto your cell points before using Voronoi, and then in the Attributes tab on the VoronoiSOP, you

can tell it to copy the color attributes from the cell points to the primitives.

If you need a sample file, I can show you...

Thanks a lot Ryan, helps me a lot. It causes delete node when I grouping selected objects. Your test works good, but this is simple scene, final will be much much bigger and it is imposible to refracture things every frame, still thanks a lot. Im putting all together over weekend and we will see. Have a nice week.

Ok

i have another problem. I have couple of stalagmites (grow from bottom), prefractured. Bottom peaces set as static and i need start falling dynamic peaces after something hit any. So group has

dopnumrecords(".", $OBJID, "Impacts", "Impacts")>1

and then add to gravity, but it doesnt work. Please could you look at this little file?

Another question is. This system will probably enought for my purpose, but there is some problem. If it is happen, that middle peace of stalagmite get hit, fly away but top peace stay in the airf until something hits him. So is there some siple way which I could grouping geo based per stalagmite and if some peace gets hit,go to group gravity but with all peace of this specific stalagmite. (better option to check only top objects, its nice if there is collision but some stalagmites could stay broken only in half, more natural) Thanks a lot. B.C.

KRAPNIK_SYSTEM_HELP_02_group_by_impact_Gravity.hip

I see your problem. The Impact data only exist in frames that the object is reacting to some other object. So the gravity is switching off once there is no contact.

What you could use is a Modify Data DOP to create a new data field and group using that field. Once the data is made, it will stay.

I attached a solution and colored the nodes I added.

Also make sure you clear out any unused groups in SOPs before you sim, it may speed things up a bit.

As for the other problem, It could be complicated. You could try grouping the stalagmites and then try comparing impact data within each stalagmite and group them that way...

KRAPNIK_SYSTEM_HELP_02_group_by_impact_Gravity_solution.hip

Ryan

thanks a lot, system implemented, works great.

Sorry

heh I was close :ph34r: thanks a lot for help. System works. But I found there little problem. As you could saw, I need one sphere (object ) which is still deleted for colour transfering. If there is not, colour fliping when first stalagmite is selected. So i reather implemented coloured system with helps of LOOP (dont understand it much but works) which I stole there on forum. But thanks for sollution.....BC....

So there is final,

As you can see, when all falling some tip stalactites stay in the air, but for my purpose it is ok, its for second plane system so no problem. But couple of thongs could be done here.

1, Searching for groups of whole stalactites, if some peaces gets hit Upper add to group

2, Find system which dont have to use deforming geo, with large amount of peaces will be time consuming. 3-4 groups which will be animated maybe.

Thanks guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNHunyjJ-to