Customising Houdini's UI

ataulm

Hi,

I know more specific questions for this topic would belong in Coder's Corner, but as I wasn't sure which section (yet) to post it in, I thought this was the most relevant area.

My question pertains to determining the extent to which Houdini's UI can be customised using a plugin. This would not involve changing the application menus (I assumed that the reference in the HDK wiki meant the menus at the top of the application, but I could, and likely am, incorrect). Rather I would be looking for automatic reassigns for hotkeys (is this discouraged? Should all hotkey assignments be configured via the dedicated hotkey menu?), and also the right-click context sensitive menus, e.g. when right-clicking on a selected edge, it'll offer options for modifying the selection.

I'm unsure whether this would involve scripting or using the HDK. In summary:

• Is it possible to extend Houdini this way?
  • If using the HDK, what strings would I be searching for to put me on the right track? (The doxygen generated docs for Houdini 10 was the latest set I found | doxygen docs)

Thanks! :)

--

edit: would this be on the right track? A lot of the documentation pages that I found on Google are offline but this looks promising. (On a side note, is the offline issue something that's been like that for a while, or does it look like a temporary bug? e.g. this here page)

Edited by ataulm

edit: would this be on the right track? A lot of the documentation pages that I found on Google are offline but this looks promising. (On a side note, is the offline issue something that's been like that for a while, or does it look like a temporary bug? e.g. this here page)

I'll let better minds answer the rest, but just e-mail Houdini support and tell them the link is broken. You may not pay for support, but an obvious broken link they can fix. Tomorrow I can send it in otherwise,

I'll let better minds answer the rest, but just e-mail Houdini support and tell them the link is broken. You may not pay for support, but an obvious broken link they can fix. Tomorrow I can send it in otherwise,

Thanks LaidlawFX, I tweeted to them but I'll email it just in case :)