2 simple hdk questions

Excuse me for my silly & dummy questions, but i have two.

1. How can I build drop down menu for the attributes menu. I've done the following:

static PRM_ChoiceList pointAttribMenu( (PRM_ChoiceListType) (PRM_CHOICELIST_WILD|PRM_CHOICELIST_APPEND), SOP_mySop::buildPointAttrMenu );

PRM_Template(PRM_STRING, 1, &pointAttribParm, 0, &pointAttribMenu)

void SOP_mySop::buildPointAttrMenu(void *data, PRM_Name *theMenu, int theMaxSize, const PRM_SpareData *, PRM_Parm *){}

So the question is how i can get the list of attributes (and tokenize it for theMenu.setToken( " " ) ). Should i use GEO_AttributeHandleList ? And how ?

2. I want to calculate the distance between 2 points (of GEO_Point type). Can I do that non manually ? I cannot find appropriate method in GEO_Point class. I haven't found required method in UT_VectorX class too.

0rr, thank you for the answer. i should find distance3d by myself. About the first question. I want to build choiceList for attributes menu (like attribPromote has). So i tried to use the same approach as SOP_CopRaster has (it is from the HDK examples, SOP_CopRaster::buildColorMenu member function). So far i could make a menu, but i can't understand how i could fill the list of the geometry attributes

post-4561-132735565907_thumb.jpg.

Edited by morzh

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

about your second question, i guess the best thing if you at first try to build your menu, static, so you understand how a menu is generated

e.g.

static PRM_Name         frameRateMenuNames[] = {
    PRM_Name("kHours","Hours"),
    PRM_Name("kMinutes","Minutes"),    
    PRM_Name("kSeconds","Seconds"), 
    PRM_Name(0)   
};

if you got that, you can continue having a callback script that generates the menu for you.

e.g. whenever your node cooks, you store a list of attributes (AttributeDict) as member of your node, than you should be able to do something like this

SOP_mySop::buildPointAttrMenu(void *data, PRM_Name *theMenu, int theMaxSize, const PRM_SpareData *, PRM_Parm *)
{
    SOP_mySop   *sop = (SOP_mySop *)data;
    UT_StringArray attribs = sop->getMyStoredAttribList();
    for (i = 0; i < attribs.entries() && i < theMaxSize; i++)
    {
        theMenu[i].setToken( attribs(i).buffer() );
        theMenu[i].setLabel( attribs(i).buffer() );
    }    
    theMenu[i].setToken(0);
    theMenu[i].setLabel(0);
}

Cheers

Seb