cubeShatter

fxjungle

Maybe someone can help out on this easy thing.

This is just part of a tool I am trying to build, since its for work I had to detach it from the rest, but I will use it to cookie another Geo and then take it into DOPS.

I am trying to do a forEach loop where 2 sets of columns overlap and do a cookie leaving me basically a box of boxes.

My problem is in my forEach, I am trying to use a second for Each inside my first one so that each cube in set A gets cookied for all the cubes in set B

Since its hard to explain, I am attaching the scene.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I disconnected the first input from the forEach as a test and it did not matter so I left it like that.

Basically I want to make a Shatter Tool that works like the new splinter shatter in DMM for Maya.

The concept is you have a cube that's extruded from a plane that has a pattern, be it from a texture or procedural modeling.

Then put geometry that you want to shatter inside of it and Shatter it, I can do it with one cube, but if I try and add more cubes so that I can overlap them and get more interesting pieces I am getting problems.

By the way, almost everything I am using I have learned it from tutorials, its this part that I am stuck because no tutorials yet cover it, but thats precisely the reason I wanna do it, I figure this way I get better at Houdini :)

Ah, it's awesome you are checking out other packages and attempting to replicate them. Good stuff!

May I suggest doing this step by step? Get the cookie sop/foreach section working first - using simple tests models to then working your way up. Make sure the primitive normals are correct, incorrect normals mess about with the results. Should be doable. For the foreach sop, I would think the individual pattern pieces need to go through the first input, and the geometry to be shattered by them in the 2nd. Hence, for each piece of the first input, create the intersection from the 2nd input.

All the best!

DMM in Maya is a totally different way of doing fracturing tho. If i recall correctly from some Research paper or Sketch the texture / new object sets strengths inside of the material. Then they solve a FEA system to calculate where it actually fractures.

If it is just wood splinters you are after it can be faked using regular voronoi fracture tho. There should even be some tutorial somewhere if you google.

DMM in Maya is a totally different way of doing fracturing tho. If i recall correctly from some Research paper or Sketch the texture / new object sets strengths inside of the material. Then they solve a FEA system to calculate where it actually fractures.

If it is just wood splinters you are after it can be faked using regular voronoi fracture tho. There should even be some tutorial somewhere if you google.

That sure sounds really interesting, but I am talking more for the way you bring in the splinter cell in DMM, that basically is a projected texture and you put your object inside that cube and it shatters in that shape.

Going for different style of shapes than the voronoi fracture