ripple solver in defoming mesh

vbk!!!

I am trying to use ripple solver.

Works fine with static mesh but ican't figure how to make it work with deformed in time meshes ...

Do you think it's possible to do ?

If it's not possible, how could I mix to deformation together.

If I have a grid deformed ( with animation) and the same grid with a ripple solver's deformation, how can I mix the 2 deformation.

I suppose I have to calculate the difference between rest mesh and deformed mesh first. Vopsop with 2 inputs ?

thx for your help !

If I have a grid deformed ( with animation) and the same grid with a ripple solver's deformation, how can I mix the 2 deformation.

I think you should be able to do that with the Lattice SOP if the point could is different, but if the point count is the same then I'd recommend the Point SOP

Connect grid to input 1, and rippled grid to input 2. Then for the position parameter set X = $TX+$TX2, etc.. etc.. multiple by a constant to adjust the blending.

Or you could just use the Blend SOP

I am trying to use ripple solver.

Works fine with static mesh but ican't figure how to make it work with deformed in time meshes ...

Do you think it's possible to do ?

If it's not possible, how could I mix to deformation together.

I suppose I have to calculate the difference between rest mesh and deformed mesh first. Vopsop with 2 inputs ?

thx for your help !

Can you upload the scene?

hopbin9 :

Thanks, I will try that if my last attempt to use ripple solver with deforming mesh is still ... strange !

kgoossens :

When I wrote that it was pure theory regarding a project I have to do.

For now, my last try to make ripple solver work with deforming mesh is not good :

the ripples are solved as far I can see but there is an accumulation of the rest deformation :(

++

Vincent

Edited by vbk!!!

I tried the PointSop method.

It seems to work nicely.

Do you think it's posbile to get 1 ripple object connected at 2 ripple solvers merged togther at the end AND reacting to different part/group of the object ? There is a group parameter in the ripple solver but I don't understand the explaination of the doc :

"When an object connector is attached to the first input of this node, this parameter can be used to choose a subset of those objects to be affected by this node."

Thx again for your help

• 2 months later...

hi..

try doing the ripple on the grid without the HOT deform..

then add the deformation after.. or mix the deformation in based on velocity..

cheers

ben

I tried the PointSop method.

It seems to work nicely.

Do you think it's posbile to get 1 ripple object connected at 2 ripple solvers merged togther at the end AND reacting to different part/group of the object ? There is a group parameter in the ripple solver but I don't understand the explaination of the doc :

"When an object connector is attached to the first input of this node, this parameter can be used to choose a subset of those objects to be affected by this node."

Thx again for your help