Curl noise and $AGE

greenT

Hey guys. I'm trying to do someithng incredibly simple, but I'm hitting a wall. I'm creating a simple particle system in a pop network. I have particles emitted from a source (surface), and have applied a curl noise to it. That works all fine and dandy, but when I try and affect amplitude or any other attribute by $LIFE, the node errors out. On a simple force node however $LIFE and $AGE all seem to input just fine. Am I missing something?

The curl noise is implemented as a voppop. So, allow editing and go inside, then import the relevant attribute and use it like that. And watch out for the life variable. Oh, oh, it ain't what it looks like, lalalala ♫

Edited by Macha

The curl noise is implemented as a voppop. So, allow editing and go inside, then import the relevant attribute and use it like that. And watch out for the life variable. Oh, oh, it ain't what it looks like, lalalala ♫

To add to Macha's response, you actually do not need to crack open the otl and go inside to edit in order to use expressions in the existing parameters. Since it is a VOP POP, you can create an attribute in POPs named the same as the parameter name you are trying to override.

For example, if you want to modify the amplitude by $LIFE, you can create a pop attribute called 'amp' and in the value, put $LIFE.