question about naming solver's data

yaohaosquall

I find a interesting question about solver's data name. If I wire a solver node directly by feeding a sim object into the solver's input,it works well no matter what you type in the data name parameter of the solver(though this parameter is disable after attaching a solver node in this way),but,if I attach the solver by using a "apply data" node,the solver won't work correctly unless the solver' data name is "solver" exactly.It's funny,and I feel it is the way in which houdini deals with object and its subdata in dop network that makes it that.So can anyone tell some more details about this little "bug", thanks.

that's how the DOPs work

each object can be solved just by one solver and it is always the one named 'Solver'

so if you name your only solver differently, it will not work

in case of Multisolver or Blendsolver, that is the one named 'Solver' and other solvers plugged into it need to have different names from each other otherwise they override each other

no "bug", no mysteries really

it's ignoring that data name even though it may not be apparent since greyed out name is still changed, but internally is not used, you can see it in Details View, it will name it 'Solver', so clearly the last one in chain overrides all previous