Sop Solver cooked in Immediate mode...

J.Santos

Hi all!

I was just going through Varomix Termites effect and noticed an error (or better, an warning) on my SOP Solver - "Sop solver cooked in Immediate mode, cached results incorrect" and, of course, the effect doesn't work! :(

I can work around this by adding another SOP solver, select it and them go back to the "Original" one... but this is not the best solution ;)!

Any idea of what this is and how to fix it?

I looked around but didn't found anything... the DOPS modes aren't named "Immediate"... funny thing is that I have a 2nd working file... without any problem... both are the exact same thing/parameters...

Cheers!

I just answered myself...

I still don't know why the error happens but the easiest way to solve it is just to go to the Dopnet and press "Recook Simulation"... I think I'm going to promote this parameter up and keep it in mind for future RBD stuff as a parameter to keep an eye on! ;)

Thanks for the time anyway... and if someone can explain the error, I would appreciate it!

That error is pretty common i think, nothing to worry about though slightly annoying. My experience is that sopnets are shy and don't like to run correctly from the inside. I find that the only way to guarantee proper results is to run them from the dopnet they're a part of or levels up from it, or, as you already did, always be ready to manually resim.

it also helps to have your viewport pinned to the dopnet instead of displaying the what's going on in the SOPSolver itself and bypassing the SOPSolver should also get rid of the error message.

Annoys me every single time this happens, I wrote a script to recook the dopnet by pressing a hot-key combination, I have to see if I can find it !

cheers,

Manu

Edit:

here's the code, just create a new shelf tool and copy paste into the script tab and chose a hotkey after:

dopnet = hou.currentDopNet()
button = dopnet.parm("resimulate")
button.pressButton()

Edited by asnowcappedromance