Houdini 12 Viewport problems

I'm getting very strange viewport behavior. There are just some examples of it.

My machine's got a Quadro 4000 with drivers version 295; Debian 6.0.3.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

I'm having a similar issue. Finding it incredibly unstable too. Much less stable than H11 at the min for me at least :(

I get the same error in the latest build 12.0.557. Also running quadro 4000.

Try to switch to H11 in Edit => Preferences => 3D viewports => Scene Renderers

That solves the exploding lights cameras etc..

Still i have problems using opencl in Pyro. very unstable. and crashes almost instantly on a simple billowy smoke sphere.

I have submitted a bug report to SideFX

Edited by kwejk

Great! Let's hope, they'll fix it soon

There is a new dealy release out! :D

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_journal&Itemid=213&page=index&version=12.0&buildstart=557&buildend=558

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Houdini 12.0.558: Fixed temporary regression with incorrectly connected curves and wireframes.

The curves is now rendered correctly for me with GL3.2

Also, lights attenuation doesn't work with high quality lighting. ;)

Try the latest daily build 12.0.558

high quality lighting attenuation work for me with GL3.2

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Houdini 12.0.558: Fixed HQ Lighting mode for the GL3 renderer. It is still still broken in GL1/2 renderers, and Ambient Occlusion is not working yet.

Edited by kwejk

It doesn't matter, what viewport renderer i choose. First screenshot - H11, second - GL 3.2

And there was no errors in beta version.

I know! Beta version was also kinda more stable! but anyway, my friend had a similar problem, and switching to H11 from GL3.2 took care of it!

• 2 weeks later...

Switching to build 12.0.558 helped and now everything works fine, but only on Windows.

Linux version still has old problems

can somebody tell me please how to update to a new built? when I want to download from the daily builds it only gives me>>> Houdini 12.0.543.9 << this version

(I was looking the wrong place, I've found now thanks) :)

Edited by Vardan Petrosyan

can somebody tell me please how to update to a new built? when I want to download from the daily builds it only gives me>>> Houdini 12.0.543.9 << this version

(I was looking the wrong place, I've found now thanks) :)

You should login into sidefx site before you can download daily builds. If you don't have an account, create one here

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=profile&mode=register

tried the new build on Windows and a Quadro FX 1800 today (12.0.573)

It's not working here... If you turn high quality lighting the geometry get displayed correctyl, but if you turn on display shadows and ambient occlusion in addition, the geometry turns black, and if you switch back to normal shading, the geometry stays shaded black = the viewport is broken.

It is somehow sad,...it was announced as one of H12 best features (new Viewport etc.), and now it is so broken...I hope that they manage to fix it in the near future. Houdini rocks, and its just sad that something like this tempers the delight.

EDIT: Is there any news yet? Any Info? Still broken?

Edited by Scratch