select edge in U or V direction ....

vfxstudent

Please don't post questions again if no-one has answered.

What exactly are you trying to do? Sounds like you want to select all edges in the u direction or v direction, but I can't work out why.

Do a quick photoshop mockup and post it back so we can see what you mean.

is it possible to select at once all the edge in U or V direction of a hi poligonal mesh ?

U and V are not directions. They are axises in the UVW coordinate system. An edge can have direction cause it's the link between two points.

Working with all U coordinates to move or scale is as simple as transforming only the U component of UVWs, and the same for V. So to move all U components, then just transform it.

Edited by hopbin9

ok tnks for the help .

I've posted again because maybe the category was wrong , it's more attinent to modelling I mean .

As u can see I want to keep only the vertical line of this poli surface deleting the orizzontal.

So I need the wireframe with only the V direction. Due to the fact that this surface is anmated even if i selected all the orizzontal loop and delete it , as soon as the animation start the geometry return in its initial state .thank a lot

post-7701-133112507164_thumb.png

As u can see I want to keep only the vertical line of this poli surface deleting the orizzontal.

So I need the wireframe with only the V direction. ..

maybe this is a ' bit ' late , but here is what id do ( attached hip )..

switch inputs of the Switch1 SOP .

-

post-5487-133130200526_thumb.png

-

selEdgez_in_U_or_V.hip

.cheers

• Thanks 1