Using Width attribute of L-system in Wire Object?

masquerade

Hi,

I am working on a L-system animation. I want that the tree gets affected by the forces, relatively to the width of its trunk. There is a width attribute in the wire objects physical tab, but I couldnt figure out how to use point width values of l-system tree in here. I tried using the point() expression like this:

point("/obj/LSYSTEM/NODE_WITH_WIDTH_ATTRIBUTE", $OBJID, "WIDTH",0)

but I think $OBJID refers to the objects, not the points, thats why I get the same value for all the points.

How can I assign correct width values per-point?

Thanks in advance.

Wire Object automatically takes "width" attribute from your geometry and multiplies it with Width parameter for final wire width

so if you already have "width" point/vertex attribute with correct width, just set Width parameter on Wire Object to 1 and turn on Visualization to see if that's correct

Wire Object automatically takes "width" attribute from your geometry and multiplies it with Width parameter for final wire width

so if you already have "width" point/vertex attribute with correct width, just set Width parameter on Wire Object to 1 and turn on Visualization to see if that's correct

:blink:

I cant believe how I missed that.. Thank you very much. :)