Create hollow cavities within fracture object

Wooshum

Hi All,

Could anyone recommend a workflow to define/create hollow cavities within a object with the aim of fracturing?

For instance I have a low poly skull geometry object and only want to have the brain cavity space as the hollow part (The rest as solid)

Cheers.

I suppose you are asking this because you want to avoid using booleans.

In that case, I´m afraid you will have to dive into the Voronoi Fracture tool, and make some clever use of the Volume Mix SOP to subtract the brain area from the final volume used for the fragments.

EDIT: after looking inside the Voronoi Fracture tool...it looks like it ain´t gonna be that simple. :P

Edited by Netvudu

if it's completely hollow interrior like bubble defining the brain area inside of the skull object

just model it (deformed sphere or anything), reverse normals and merge it with your skull

because of the normals pointing inside it will define interrior empty space of the skull, just make sure it's not intersecting original skull anywhere

then you can fracture this merged object with voronoi for example and it will have hollow inside where you defined it

• Like 1