question about Dops

cloudfx

Whew, it really gets me confusing in Dops.

I would group objects with some attributes and give different forces to it whenever I want in Sops but not in Dops, I can't find a work around.

Here goes some question about Dops!

1. 1 I want the RBD objects get affected only by fan force for maybe 5 frames or until it gets
    certain verlocity that I want first
    and once it pasts a certain frames or it gets a certain velocity that I set, I want the object to pick up the second force How would I acheive this?
    (I was thinking of group dop but it's quite different from group sop..)
  2. 2 Grouping object by attribute, how would I do that? I was looking in help doc but no example was there. Does it have to be always Affector?
    How would I use Mask string to filter object by attribute in Geometry such as velocity or position.

Attached file has secondary force which I want to happen after the first force such as fan for say 5 frames later.

forcetest.hip.tar.gz

Edited by cloudfx

Hello friend.

Based on frame number you can create two separate groups. Say,group 'byfan' , in group by expression para of group dop write $F<6 and one more group, say

'byfield ' with expression $F>5. Use these two groups in group mask of the respective forces.

Access the attribute value in expression pra of group dop and check it against the desired condition to create the group.

Edited by sorry

Hello friend.

Based on frame number you can create two separate groups. Say,group 'byfan' , in group by expression para of group dop write $F<6 and one more group, say

'byfield ' with expression $F>5. Use these two groups in group mask of the respective forces.

Access the attribute value in expression para of the group dop and check it against the desired condition.

Hello friend.

Access the attribute value in expression para of the group dop and check it against the desired condition.

Thanks for the approach but keyframing the activation was not giving me smooth transition from a force to the other force.

Creating point attribute with such as $TY > 10 or $VX > 10 expression to multiply forces would be really helpful.

so I can activate my force with that and mix 2 force more smoothly by multiplying the force corresponds to it's position or velocity. But how would I do that in Dops?

I just want to create attribute for points in DOPS as SOPS so I can apply force when or however I want.

Edited by cloudfx

Use dopoption expression to access value of velx or ty of the rbd object.

Write the following expression in expression para of group dop

dopoption($DOPNET,$OBJID,"Position","velx")>10 Create two groups and affect them using the desired force.

• Like 1