Realflow plug-in working in H12?

etudenc

Hi all,

I hope this is the right area to post. For some reason I cannot get particles in Houdini exported as RF .bin files and I've tried in both Houdini 12.0.543 and 12.0.581 with the updated RF plug-ins. I've done this many times from H11 so can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone else had difficulties exporting .bin files using the RF plug-ins for Houdini 12?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Well, I´m here to tell you Realflow´s plugin to H12 simply doesn´t work. Any simple test shows it. I reported it to them and they are working on a new working version.

They just send me a new one to test, but it´s still broken.

I hope that at least I saved you some time.

I will report as soon as I can confirm there is a working plugin.

Edited by Netvudu

lol

I've reported errors over and over to them, not just in h12 but other versions. I don't want to bash NL, because I appreciate their development, but I really question whether the plugins ever get appropriately tested before being released. Sometimes I feel if they see the icons in the app, they think the plugin is working, and that's as far as testing goes...

Anyway, I too am hoping for a working version for H12. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm in touch with a helpful NL tech person so if anything changes I'll post here. At least a small comfort knowing it's not just me overlooking something.

Edited by etudenc

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...