digital asset "PEELER" effect

FR3D

hello everyone!

So here i did my first digital asset the "peeler" effect.

It still has a(or many) problem, as it acts on points and not primitive groups which result in some cases in point not being unfixed from its original state. I believe it still does a good job :).

All you need is 3 objects:

-Peeled object.

-Collision object(not obligatory).

-Activation object(animated object coloring area and activating it to start peeling, it actually UNfix the points).

You have many settings to play with, and I integrated an object exporter(rop geo) as well as an mdd exporter(rop network with mdd exporter embedded).

- I personally use it for Modo.

You will need to click on "clear cache" every time you modify something and also at first setup.(if you don't like that, just erase the cache node inside the digital asset)

feedback and implementation most welcome :)

P.S: I hided all other basic tabs from the digital asset in the parameter editor, like transform /render / material/ etc.

just to make it clearer, you can still un-hide them

peeler example file.hipnc

peeler.otl

Edited by FR3D

I'm confused. Are you guys, both, the same person ? You use the same avatar and are friends with each other.

yes we are friends, we created a small entity called cyantifics.

you can see some of our work here(mostly broadcasting animation).

CYANTIFICS VIMEO

He is curious about 3d so i help him to learn faster especially modo.

He is also learning Houdini but in a "soft way"...I am taking the hardcore route since my job is being a 3d artist, and i would like to shift more towards VFX.

I know it looks funny, he answered on the thread because he felt sorry for me that no one did it earlier :D

Edited by FR3D

Guest mantragora

I know it looks funny, he answered on the thread because he felt sorry for me that no one did it earlier :D

Yesterday was Sunday. We need a brake sometimes.

Anyway, very nice effect. I love that it's realtime thanks to springs.

Edited by mantragora

thank you,

i do live in Dubai,the week ends are offseted here..starts on Thursday and Sunday is a working day :angry:

am currently trying to find a way to make the spring act on polygon group instead,

using point to be detach cause to much tearing, and as a result UV texture looks completely deformed.

i know how to attach a point to each group with foreach but after that i have no clue how to continue

if you have any idea or if anyone could implement it directly in the digital asset would be great.

Edited by FR3D