Timed Deletes?

Hello all,

I have a RBD fracture sim that I would like to clean up based on the number of frames. For instance, I have a piece flying off at frame 4 and would like to delete it but not before frame 4; and i would like it to be deleted from frame 4 on.

I know this can be done but i do not now what expression to apply in a delete sop or group-delete sop pairing.

Anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

David

Hello all,

I have a RBD fracture sim that I would like to clean up based on the number of frames. For instance, I have a piece flying off at frame 4 and would like to delete it but not before frame 4; and i would like it to be deleted from frame 4 on.

I know this can be done but i do not now what expression to apply in a delete sop or group-delete sop pairing.

Anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

David

Maybe $SF - $OBJCF > 4 in delete DOP will be enough?

If you are looking for a way to get rid of pieces that are not in camera, the volume sop has an option to create a volume from the camera frustrum. Pad the bounds and then use attribute from volume and delete anything that != 1.

No, sadly everything I need to delete is in the camera view. Surely there is a way to program a delete sop to delete primitive numbers at a certain time? Like setting the bypass toggle to turn off under the following if($F>4, 0, 1). I can do it with a switch sop but I will have 15 total pieces to delete over 75 frames which means i would have serial switches and that just seems too heavy.

Be nice if there was something like this for the expression in the delete: if($F>4, true, false, [primitive numbers go here])

No, sadly everything I need to delete is in the camera view. Surely there is a way to program a delete sop to delete primitive numbers at a certain time? Like setting the bypass toggle to turn off under the following if($F>4, 0, 1). I can do it with a switch sop but I will have 15 total pieces to delete over 75 frames which means i would have serial switches and that just seems too heavy.

Be nice if there was something like this for the expression in the delete: if($F>4, true, false, [primitive numbers go here])

You can add data per object with desired "kill time" for example, then add group dop to group all objects with killtime == $ST and then delete those objects with delete DOP.

Close!

`ifs($F<90, 0-1, '6-11')`

I need to put 0-1 instead of just 0 otherwise it will return 0 in pattern and delete the 0 primitive. With 0-1 it will return -1 which delete doesn't like but it can deal with it. This also seems to work on serial deletes as well.