About blood fluid FX

acti

From that reference image it does not look like you can see a lot of skin. So unless you want the blood to actually splash out, I think you could get quite far with a "wetmap" type approach. Basically it is an animated texture that feeds into your shader.

It will be a lot easier to simulate and render a quick flip sim on a 2d grid, which you then use as a texture map, than to try and simulate all that in 3d. Again, consider feeding that wetmap into your displacement and specular, to create gushes or "waves" of blood (with the pulse of the heartbeat). I think unless you hit a major artery, the blood does not spray out (You would have to look up some reference for that).

If you do need it to spray out, go with particles or flip - but treat it as a separate element from the wetmap - you will most likely need both.

Do a search for "wetmaps" on this forum and on vimeo. I think Peter Quint did a tutorial on that as well with a sopsolver.

Good luck.

Edited by pclaes

From that reference image it does not look like you can see a lot of skin. So unless you want the blood to actually splash out, I think you could get quite far with a "wetmap" type approach. Basically it is an animated texture that feeds into your shader.

It will be a lot easier to simulate and render a quick flip sim on a 2d grid, which you then use as a texture map, than to try and simulate all that in 3d. Again, consider feeding that wetmap into your displacement and specular, to create gushes or "waves" of blood (with the pulse of the heartbeat). I think unless you hit a major artery, the blood does not spray out (You would have to look up some reference for that).

If you do need it to spray out, go with particles or flip - but treat it as a separate element from the wetmap - you will most likely need both.

Do a search for "wetmaps" on this forum and on vimeo. I think Peter Quint did a tutorial on that as well with a sopsolver.

Good luck.

Hi pclaes,that's very useful for me,thanks so much.Now I am hard to custom emit source,I made some little holes but I don't know how to emit them randomly,I did a random velocity in vop but the result looks not good.