Voronoi Fracture - mass/density of fractured objects

mitz711

Hi all, I've been having a problem of late regarding to voronoi fracture.

So i've build a simple procedural brick wall, and i've voronoi-ed it, and even smashed a ball through it to see the effect.

My question is, how do we control how far or how near the collision debris goes? from what I know, its altering the value of the density under the Physical tab in the rdbfractureobject of my DOPnet, but it doesn't seem to have any affect to it. I want to use a car model i have to smash into the wall, but at a slower pace, meaning the debris won't be flying away from the point of impact. I've been doing some tests but the debris keeps flying miles away.

So what i'd like to know is, is the mass of the parts that are being fractured solely based on the density value? or is there another way?

sorry if it sounds confusing :S

A few things I would try is the density of the fractured object, the density of the colliding object, the internal glue value for the fractured object, and the bounce value for each of them as well. I don't really see why changing the fractured object's density didn't help though. Maybe you could upload a hip file? You could also try changing from bullet to RBD (or the other way depending on what you are using) to see if the problem persists.

Edited by clown

My question is, how do we control how far or how near the collision debris goes?

May be try grouping objects based on their speed or specific velocity component e.g. : length(dopoption("/obj/AutoDopNetwork","$OBJID","Position","velx"),dopoption("/obj/AutoDopNetwork","$OBJID","Position","vely"),dopoption("/obj/AutoDopNetwork","$OBJID","Position","velz"))>5

Now Apply drag to the group to control how far they go.

A few things I would try is the density of the fractured object, the density of the colliding object, the internal glue value for the fractured object, and the bounce value for each of them as well. I don't really see why changing the fractured object's density didn't help though. Maybe you could upload a hip file? You could also try changing from bullet to RBD (or the other way depending on what you are using) to see if the problem persists.

Thanks clown! this helped. i tried increasing the values dramatically and saw a huge difference in what each does. Thanks again!

and vectorblur, i kind of get what you're saying, but for now, i think i'll stick with adjusting the other values first.. i'll try out your method soon enough! thanks for the help!

Edited by mitz711