Flip Fluids Sticky question

ddintz

Hi,

i am working with FLIPs and trying to get the fluids to stick on objects a bit more. When i move a static DOP object, the fluid only slides off, with a few random particles remaining on. I would like to get a nice stringy vicious effect, with the fluid connecting the now separated objects. i have 'viscosity' turned on, played with ranges up to 1000.

Also different settings on the FLIP solver under 'stick on collision'. the latest settings are 'Stick Scale' to .5, 'Max Distance' to .1 and 'Stick Bias' to 0.1. i've played with these up and down, but nothing has really gotten the particles to stick better on the moving obj.

also tried playing with the static obj's friction setting. Painted a friction variable in SOPs, which has worked for me with hard surface interactions, but no luck with FLIP. ideally i was trying to paint the obj with various 'stickyness' values, allowing the fluid to string across parts of the sphere better than other areas.

Any suggestions?

thanks D

post-5116-134360100231_thumb.jpg

flip_tryingtostick.hipnc flipfluids_tryingtostick_v1.mov

hi D,

take a look at this cool video from manuel regarding friction maps. there's also another post on the sidefx forums by him, here, that talks about the same effect. hopefully those will help you out with your effect.

There's also a cool thread on sidefx regarding viscoelasticity for FLIP that might provide some inspiration.

hope that helps!