Render Slows WAY down on specific frame

Hey every one.

So I have a scene with im trying to get rendered out, has moving geo, flip fluids and some other elements (rendering Elements separately), it seems to render fine enough, the main geo take about 10 minutes per frame to render, then at frame 172 it grinds to a hault and starts taking 8 + hours to render.

Nothing special is happening or changing on this frame, (The main Geo has no changing point counts or anything) and the render slows here on each mantra node for each specific render element (Geo/Fluids) and Micropoly/raytracing doesn't seem to change anything..

lighting is a few spot lights/area lights a sun/skylight and an environment light...

any thoughts would be appreciated

If you check the scene frame 171 should render fine but 172 should be much much slower

Thanks

-Nick

DamBreak_SLOWRENDER.hipnc

Edited by nMolson

Hey every one.

So I have a scene with im trying to get rendered out, has moving geo, flip fluids and some other elements (rendering Elements separately), it seems to render fine enough, the main geo take about 10 minutes per frame to render, then at frame 172 it grinds to a hault and starts taking 8 + hours to render.

Nothing special is happening or changing on this frame, (The main Geo has no changing point counts or anything) and the render slows here on each mantra node for each specific render element (Geo/Fluids) and Micropoly/raytracing doesn't seem to change anything..

Im out of ideas but im running out of time on this project, any advice where i could look into the problem for this? its a heavy scene with many caches so i cant upload the scene as is.. could throw up the shell with just the lights and mantra nodes but not sure that will help much?

lighting is a few spot lights/area lights a sun/skylight and an environment light...

any thoughts would be appreciated

If you check the scene frame 171 should render fine but 172 should be much much slower

Thanks

-Nick

I havent looked at your scene, but is anything traveling at camera? Sounds like it could be a particle or piece of geo is motion blurring through the camera lens on that frame.

I havent looked at your scene, but is anything traveling at camera? Sounds like it could be a particle or piece of geo is motion blurring through the camera lens on that frame.

Nothing to close to the camera there, things are just starting to move, definitely nothing all that much closer than on the frame before