Blending between IK and Dynamic Curves

wurmdrin1111

Hey everybody,

I am about to setup some character or 1st of all to make some studies about simple IK setups. The issue is to setup an IK Bone chain and on the other hand a bone chain following to a dynamic curve (using the wire object tool). I have one geometry and I want capture the geometry to both bone chains, the IK one and the dynamic one. After capturing the geometry to both bone chains, Houdini offers to blend between capture 1 (IK bone chain) and capture 2 (the dynamical curve). But the blend looks freaky because Houdini caluculates the blending of the geometry ANYWHERE between the cature 1 (IK bone chain) and the capture 2 (dynamic bone chain). The result is that my captures object looks like anything but not as desired. For animation I want to blend between dynamic and IK without any strange deformation of the SHAPE of my object. Has anybody an idea how to fix that ??? or how to approach for blending between IK and Dynamic curves ??? The image attached here just shows the strange result I get.... every advice or information or tutorial would help me and surely other people aswell.

:-)

post-8310-134626359668_thumb.jpg

post-8310-134626377402_thumb.jpg

Edited by wurmdrin1111

just off the top of my head - I'd make only ONE bone chain, and have it controlled by the IK solver and the dynamic curve - you can blend this in CHOPs on the IK nodes

this way you have only one bone chain deforming the geo

Hope this helps

Thanks Michael, I am happy somebody who has 7 years of Experience in CHOPS can help me. I had allready the same idea of using one bone chain and blend between behaving dynamicly and IK like wise. I will try this and let you know about! :-)

According to the other solution that gave me such weird results like in the images i ve shown here. Instead of Capturing with the option "Regions" , I have chosen the option

"Proximity" and it gives you additionally a further value "Drop Off"... with "Drop Off" and "Blend" you can play arround and blend between the capturing of your IK-Bone Chain and the following dynamic curve Bone Chain. BUT ! One thing Houdini cant get to be done! if you two Bone Chains are too far distanced from eachother, like one is showing in the one direction the other bone chain in another direction , the blending with the Drop Off also gives weird results!

I am allmost pretty sure that the problem is here the orientation of the Joints , or maybe the Rotation order , or maybe the Up Vektor.

I have allready studied the whole help file according to Character , Rigging , Chops...but didnt found a good resolution.

Ok I will try to solve the problem about using one bone chain and set up the blending at the bone chain itself.

Wurmdrin1111