blank viewport on H12 and Quadro FX 1500M

Hi,

I wanted to have a first look on Houdini 12 on my (older) laptop (Windows XP, Quadro FX1500M), but after installing H12 the viewport just keeps being blank white. I can see the axis and handles for scale etc. but no content (like a simple poly-cube).

Is this a known issue? I also tried to switch in the preferences to H11 for 3d viewports but that didn't change anything. Also, switchin to "dark"-scheme for the background doesn't change anything, the viewport stays just white. Houdini 11 on the same laptop works fine.

I guess it's driver related?

Thanks for any help

The viewport in H12 is pretty flaky, some would say near unusable. Have you tried an older driver? I find quadros always a bit temperamental. Is anything visible in wireframe? Have you played with antialiasing, hdr, etc?

Edited by Macha

The viewport in H12 is pretty flaky, some would say near unusable. Have you tried an older driver? I find quadros always a bit temperamental. Is anything visible in wireframe? Have you played with antialiasing, hdr, etc?

no, really nothing is visible in the viewport - just the axes and handles on top of a white screen.

Ok, let the driver game begin ... :)

I have quadro 1000M and even though I don't have such a degree of problems as you are describing, it is fair to say that H12 viewport is the least stable thing I've ever ran on any computer. For me it is usually older version of driver that does the trick and makes it a bit more usable

I have quadro 1000M and even though I don't have such a degree of problems as you are describing, it is fair to say that H12 viewport is the least stable thing I've ever ran on any computer. For me it is usually older version of driver that does the trick and makes it a bit more usable

I didn't expect this happening with houdini .. I come from maya where the viewport since Maya 2011 (viewport 2.0) is just a piece of crap!

anyway, finding and installing the latest drivers for the Quadro FX1500M (from 2011, since this Quadro is not supported anymore) seems to have fixed the problem

Edited by borisb2