How to connect two polygons\primitives in a a model?

fluidmania

As i am new to Houdini, i was just modeling this chair to get to know the modeling tools but i have no idea how can i connect the two polygons to create a new set of polygons. You can check the image.

I tried "poly knit" but the new poly set is triangulated. Is there a better way to bridge polygons?

I searched the forum but cudnt find much and on some "poly knit" threads images were not loading so cudnt get much help...

post-8614-134788900991_thumb.jpg

Edited by fluidmania

I'm sure you can use polyknit then delete unwanted lines so mesh is not triangulated. But I would probably just polyextrude one face over to the other then fuse the points.

See attached.

This extrude is an option but isnt there any other quick way which we can use to just select both the polygons and apply a sop which will bridge them??

anyways thanks for your tip and file :)

This extrude is an option but isnt there any other quick way which we can use to just select both the polygons and apply a sop which will bridge them??

Select the two faces, press Delete. In the Network editor there will be a Blast SOP as a result of this.

Duplicate it, toggle "Delete non-selected" on the duplicate.

Append a Skin SOP to that, Merge SOP with the first Blast and Fuse.

• Like 1

anyways thanks for your tip and file :)

Hi

Here is another method:

Select the prims and make a group then add a polyloft , edgecusp1 to make it flat

Mangi

post-2848-13479282558_thumb.jpg

bridge.hip

Hi

Here is another method:

Select the prims and make a group then add a polyloft , edgecusp1 to make it flat

Mangi

i wonder why did you cetriod ($CE) the pivot points of "xform1"?

And when i open the file it shows a warning "skipping unrecognized parameter 'movecentroid'. I have no idea what is that...

sorry for my noob questions?? :)

Thanks

i wonder why did you cetriod ($CE) the pivot points of "xform1"?

And when i open the file it shows a warning "skipping unrecognized parameter 'movecentroid'. I have no idea what is that...

sorry for my noob questions?? :)

Thanks

I got this file from woodenduck´s post extrudeAndFuse.hip

maybe he can answer that.

Mangi

I have some presets and default preferences. Anytime I lay an xform sop I have the pivot set to centroid of the geo, rather than to centre of the world. It's just a personal preference.

Not sure why that would give you an error though. Does it show $CEX, $CEY and $CEZ in the x, y, z pivot parameters?

I have some presets and default preferences. Anytime I lay an xform sop I have the pivot set to centroid of the geo, rather than to centre of the world. It's just a personal preference.

Not sure why that would give you an error though. Does it show $CEX, $CEY and $CEZ in the x, y, z pivot parameters?

yah, they are in the pivot parameters and the whole node chain is working fine too, no errors...

thanks anyways :)