gas linear combination node's coefficient

cloudfx

I understand "coef_1 * val_1 OP coef_2 * val_2 OP coef_3 * val_3 OP constant" but for coefficient (for example coef_1 ..2 and so on)

There are drop down menus for Timestep , e^Timestep.

I see "set always" down there which will evaluate every frame with current value but what about the Timestep and e^Timestep? what does that do exactly?

I'm interested in that too.

I have no idea but propose a guess: When you run through numerical methods you need to decide the size of your time steps. Larger is faster but less accurate. (I think in the methods here are stable, even very large steps will result in bounded values and not blow up your sim). An exponential time stepping would make bigger and bigger time steps to get changing accuracy where it matters (the first few steps).

I never use those timesteps and would be happy to see how they are used properly.

Edited by Macha

I'm interested in that too.

I have no idea but propose a guess: When you run through numerical methods you need to decide the size of your time steps. Larger is faster but less accurate. (I think in the methods here are stable, even very large steps will result in bounded values and not blow up your sim). An exponential time stepping would make bigger and bigger time steps to get changing accuracy where it matters (the first few steps).

I never use those timesteps and would be happy to see how they are used properly.

Hi Macha,

I just made to see the difference between "none" , "timestep" , "1/timestep" and "e^timestep"

It seems, none is just 1+1 , timestep is 1+1/24 , 1/timestep is 1+24/1 , e^timestep is 1+(*exponential curve) but I am not sure,

take a look at the hip file if you get a chance.

Thank you,

gas_linear_example.hip