Particle Morphing with VOPs

JuriBryan

hey everybody,

I am trying to get particles morph a Font out of the ground (simple grid) using VOP SOPs and not the attractor pop since it is freaking out as soon as I want to add different forces to it.

What is the best way to do this.

any good tips for doing something like that?

Cheers,

Juri

Hi,

One way could be scattering points in the font and creating an attribute destination - each particle has its own destination. In vops, use destination - pt position to get a vector point its destination.

If you add that to the velocity, you will make the particles to travel to it´s destination. You can add noite, or drag (multiply the previous vel by a value < 1, before adding the destination vector). I think its a good start!

hey,

so I got the simple morphing working.

What I am trying to do now is to add some noise into the effect.

Simple enough, normally, but the problem that I am running in is that I cant get the particles to follow the noise the way I want to.

Basically I want the particles to follow the noise very extreme, building little paths and streams, but instead of forming them like they do when for example I hook up the noise only to the text it just makes them move apart.

So I was wondering what the best way would be to add some noise that is actually controllable to this effect.

And further down the row... how would it work if I would lets say want to advact the particles with a fluid simulation.

how would something like that be handled.

Cheers,

Juri

Morphing Test.hipnc

okay here is the solution I came up with.

It is not using any simulations, which makes it easy to check the animation on every frame with out having to simulate over and over.

To see the results and maybe even testing out the OTL that I made out of if go to:

http://juribryanfx.com/houdini-tools/

Cheers,

And thanks again for the help

Juri