Pyro Source

JuriBryan

Hey everyone,

I am looking for the best way to create pyro sources from particles.

Right now it seams that all my sources are very unprecise and "large".

For example if I want to set a car on fire and use particles as source for the flames the source volume is twice as big as the car geometry.

Is there a better way to source pyro effect then the tool bars?

Cheers,

Juri

Scatter points on the car, then add a "fluid source" in SOPs with points as source (drop down at top of parameters).

You can then add noise etc. Use "fluid source" in DOPs to use it as a source...

Or you could do it by adding a scalar field in DOPs (from the sop) and apply it with gas calculate etc, but I'd go the fluid source route.

the finer the field, the finer the result, smoothing the resulting field helps, too. I think there is a option for this in the fluidsourcesop

try to keep the scattered points constant, popping points result in a popping sourcfield,

if You want to change the incoming source point number try to add a attribute for sourcing that You can turn up after creating a point and turn down before You delete it.

You can achieve this best with a sopsolver, or You create all points that are needed for sourcing at the beginning and control all emission with this attribute. use more particles and modify the field with noise