Houdini Particle morph WIP

trisen

I have a question.

As 3d models is not ideal I need to make point alpha based on the alpha channel of the image (from which a tool color of the particles via camera projection )

And there is no any alpha output in vop pop.

Also I mix particle color from one image to another by particle life, also need to mix and alpha.

Any solution? thanks

why do you want to do it in PoPs?

you can do it with a simple VoP Sop that gives you a lot of control and makes it easier to work with the colours and alphas.

Just add a parameter name it Alpha and there you go.

Now you can do with it what ever you want.

If you want to do it in PoPs one way would be to use point cloud open and point cloud filter to get the data off the two geo pieces by projecting the images on points that you scattered on the geo, then simply call those points in PoPs and you should get the with the point cloud filter what ever data you have on the points you call.

Now you can use alpha and colours from objects that are not in you pop chain in you VoP Pops.

I hope that helps,

you could post the hip file, then I could try and implement a basic set up to show you what I mean.

cheers,

Juri

• 1 year later...