specular flickers in FLIP

sanlin

Hi,

i was doing this liquid splash test for my reel, i roughly rendered it and comp them. But i was wondering about the flickering specular which i dont know how to fix...

I read somewhere in sidefx forum, they mentioned that i need to turn off mantra's jitter parameter, or type mantra -s 3, or adjust the pixel sample a bit higher. I put facet as well in the mesh but still the flickers still there. I also tried to play around with the pixel filter in mantra, changed it to catmull rom, or gaussian 3 3, and also tried to boost up the specular intensity.. nothing works...

Please have a look at the attached mov. thanks in advance guys!

Cheers,

Shandy

testcomp_01_small.mov

Edited by sanlin

Hi guys!

Thanks for the info! I tried to fix the and increasing the mesh step size. My current value is actually 0.05 each, which is quite small. I tried and render, it is reducing the flickers, but still some flickers are there. then i tried to tweak the "filtering" tab on particle fluid surface node, at the moment, i tweak the filter steps. it does help reducing the flickers. I will play around with those and will post the result.

Cheers and thanks a lot!