blending between IK and dynamic wire curve

wurmdrin1111

Hi everybody,

since a very long time I am about to give my best with Chops. I want to create a simple animation for an arm. The challange is that I want to move that arm with a wire curve (acting dynamicly) on other hand I want to blend into the IK animation of the arm.

So blend between wire curve and IK Animation. How to do that ??

well I tried something, but the result doesnt satisfy me. I was making bonechain following a curve. That curve I converted into a wire object.

I also made a IK bonechain (same number of bones).

So I have 2 bone-chains, one folowing a wireobject, the other bone-chain following IK-wise an endeffector.

I was trying to solve the blending with using Capture Geometry 2 times, first with Option set to "Regions", second with Option set to "Proximity, to get the blending option (for my main geometry object) and also the blending for an offset.

So I can blend between the capturing for the IK bonechain and following curve bone-chain.

The problem is:

if IK and wirecurve show in different directions and I need to blend between these twoo captures, I get STRANGE deformations of my geometry. It looks like Houdini has problems to keep the shape of the geometry while blending between the Captures.

I allready published my problems here and get some advices. The one was, to create only one IK bone chains and blend direclty into chops between IK and the wire curve.

I am sorry but I found any way for that into CHOPS. With one IK Bone Chain I only have the option to blend between The local Joint Rotation and IK. (FK to IK)

So having one IK-Bone chain , how to blend with my wire curve ??

I hope somebody can help me

Hey Houdini Master,

the Blend Node I was allready trying. About the Channel Node I had no idea. But your solution is the best and maybe the perfect one. So thank you very much. Its working great. Now I just want find out how it works. If I just take over your idea without understanding, doesnt make sence in order to understand Houdini

Thanks anyways

wurmdrin