PolyReduce Scale Dependent?

acey195

Hello, been lurking a bit, but time for a first post, Yeah :P

Ok, I have a small object (bounding box is 1 unit in each direction) with a high density of polygons.

When I use Polyreduce on this, it reduces nothing at all, however when I simply scale the object up, do a poly reduce and scale it back down, it works.

Does anyone know why this happens?

And if so, are the more nodes that are scale dependent? (attrib transfer, maybe?)

Acey

the polyreduce is indeed scale dependent for some reason,

scaling up models can help with very aggressive polyreduction.

as far as the attribute transfer goes it is dependant on scale but not in the same way,

it won;t help the performance of the node but if things are built very small it can be hard to dial in the values.

but very few nodes will bug out like the polyreduce with very small scales. (at sop level, atm I can;t think of any)

Of course, but polyreduce has no setting for said radius. Or at least I cannot find one.

It seems that it does not work altogether, above a certain polygon density, or below a certain polygon size.

My personal guess is that its accuracy has been "hardcoded"

Possibly to make values fit within float values, rather than needing to resort to doubles.